• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I just glued my first joint and was suprised by 3 things. 1. The speed in which the glue evaporates. 2. How quicky it begins to set-up. 3. None wicked through to the other side (that i could tell anyway).

I glued the first two pieces of the project tonight, and was surprised that no glue wicked through. I tried to tip the piece so that some glue could get into the joint, but couldn't tip it because the bond was already to tighten (this is a good thing I guess).

Should i have (or should I still) shoot some more glue in from the other side?

Louey

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, if you did it right, you don't shoot it from both sides. In fact, you always want to shoot from one side, because it forces the air out the other side, preventing bubbles.

The #4 evaporates slower than the #3. That's why we're using it.

BRIAN

Unresistible Blue

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same situation - never did notice the glue on the backside of the joint - is that an indication of not using enough glue quickly enough?

Russ

Kabob

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also noticed this on a couple of the seams on the box. I also had this happen with the bubble counter. I glue the big tube tonight so hopefully I wont have any problems with it.

Jason

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: