• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bill2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upon Completion of the course please fill out the course evaluation. Please only fill it out once. I have placed a link to the evaluation in the course menu on the maco site.

Vinaka
Bill

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill,

Some of the questions in the evaluation are required items, but don't seem pertinent to our acrylic class. For example, the question about the textbook - since we didn't have a textbook, do we substitute fergy's written lessons? Does the lab question refer to our project work?

I want to give this course my absolute highest rating, and want to make sure I don't misinterpret the questions and inadvertently give a bad grade on some item.

Any clarification you can give will help.

Thanks.
Hal

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toledo, huh? We're only about 50 miles apart. :)

hfmann":fk3a5ct2 said:
Some of the questions in the evaluation are required items, but don't seem pertinent to our acrylic class. For example, the question about the textbook - since we didn't have a textbook, do we substitute fergy's written lessons?

Yes. Any text that Brian used should be critiqued in this field as I recall.

Does the lab question refer to our project work?

Yes. That's where I'd put it at least.

I want to give this course my absolute highest rating, and want to make sure I don't misinterpret the questions and inadvertently give a bad grade on some item.

If you're going to give the class your absolute highest rating, I don't know how you would give a 'bad grade' to something. ;) (But I do understand where you're coming from)

Shane

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I filled it out, but as a side evaluation of the evaluation, you might consider having one more open ended question or a space for general comments. It's been a great class, but I know that several of us were a bit frustrated by the website related stuff at the beginning of the course. There's no place on the evaluation to address this.

The course was a terrific experience for many of us. If you could just tweak the website to be more informative and user-friendly before registration, it would be a big help to all those people interested in taking a class for the first time.

Thanks, and I'm definitely planning on taking another course.

Matt

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mattboy: what would you change to make your experience more user friendly? It'd help us if you went into specific details so we can look at addressing them for future MACO classes.

Shane

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shane;

What I found was that before I registered, I had difficulty accessing course descriptions, general info, and easy to follow instructions for getting the various web stuff taken care of. Every time I had a problem, someone addressed it quickly; the people involved were very helpful. But I found the website difficult to navigate; I remember trying to click on a variety of areas and not getting anything. Maybe an easy to find, (like right there on the front page) general description of all preliminary procedures to get set to go, plus a course description would attract more people to take the courses.

You've got a really good product here; lots and lots of people in this hobby would benefit from these courses. But, the website doesn't really offer prospective students a clear picture of the courses or the tasks involved in getting started. Since I'm planning on taking another course, I'm sure I'll have an easier time next time around. But, it's the first time students you have to make things super easy for. For example, a link to the chat software for both PC and Mac, plus detailed instructions on how to set it up would be really helpful. I found the ircle software site not very helpful in terms of set-up, so if you're motivated to help get us set up for chat, that would be beneficial.

Thanks again for a great class.
Matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: