• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

J

jammoye

Hello all,

I am setting up my first marine tank and after reading Fenner's CMA and Paletta's NMA would like to set up a refugium in my 30gal sump, which is an AGA under my display 75 gallon. Is there a simple way to divide the tank into the sections without a lot of fuss? I probably just want to put some live rock and live sand to begin with, nothing too fancy. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :?:

A

Anonymous

acrylic pieces spanning the width can be siliconed into place creating spillways and baffles..if you catch my drift.

sharkdude

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we made a quick and dirty refugium in my friends sump with a cut down plastic container. We drilled some drain holes up high in plastic container and zip tied some plastic canvas mesh as refugium drian back to sump. Input or supply to refugium was from his red sea berlin skimmer output but you could use a small powerhead placed in sump. We filled with sand to 2-3 inches, put some LR chunks and caulerpa, rigged a LOA light above and voila! cheap refugium!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're okay draining your sump for a couple of days, I'd say build one out of acrylic and silicone it in place. If it's too much hastle, you might just want to find a small tupperware container that fits your need, and drill some holes.

all you need is an area with slower water circulation, so it's pretty easy.

Another suggestion is a hang-on. I build one for under $30, and it rocks. Just find out the space you have, and get some scrap plastic. Since it's in your stand, and nobody sees it, it doesn't have to be pretty.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: