• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

chopstick

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few pictures of my stand & canopy for my new 225gal. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• canopy.jpg
    canopy.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 2,302
  • stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,310
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,307
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, looks great

Just a couple of ?

Is that some kind of control box on top of the canopy in the center?

and, how are you going to cover the holes in the ceiling?

I just always wondered what people did to put a chain through a drop ceiling like that.

Bryan

chopstick

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "box" on top or the canopy is a wave maker(easy access to activate the feed mode) The ceiling tiles were cut (beveled) into 2 pieces, with two small holes notched in them. You can barely notice the cut line.

cdeakle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get plans from somewhere or did you figure it out by yourself?

I'm currently building a stand from the DIY plans at garf.org

Its coming along ok and should be done today but I have found there plans are missing a few things. I would love to see your plans/schematics :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Would you mind posting a couple of pics of the inside of the stand and canopy.

cdeakle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey chopstick,

almost have everything done. I will try and finish it tomorrow (saturday) with my mommy :lol: All we have left to do is the "wrapping"

The only problem I'm having now is how to do the front doors. I was gonna put a sheet of 1/4 inch plywood covering the entire front and then cut out squares for the door opening but I want as much room as possible and I dont think this will be a good idea.

All I can think of to do now is to move the center front support back a few inches (now its flush with the front frame) and make to doors that together almost equal the length of the tank and when they shut the will rest against the front support in the middle. I don't know what to do lol

I will take and post pics later tonight and maybe you can help me with my dilema, I will owe you a 12-pack :D

dlbowlin6698

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess I'm a newbie on the BB how do I view the pictures. I am in the process of building a 330g plywood tank. I will start my hood next week and want as much info as possible before I start it. :?:

Sorry Slow connection it finally loaded! :?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: