• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

smlacy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just thought I'd share some pics of my new hood for my 29g. Its constructed from 3/4" hardwood ply, painted black, and is home to 4x36w CF Actinic & a 175W 10k Ushio, and 2 5" PC fans.

Here's a pic from Below, showing the lights and wiring. The front of the tank will be at the bottom of the picture. The hole in the back (top right in pic) is to accomidate the AquaC Remora.
img_1266.sized.jpg

From the front, showing how the doors open:
img_1270.sized.jpg

Please be nice to my poor DSL. If it gets too many hits, I'll have to take these pics out.

You can see more pics (or larger versions of these) at: http://slacy.com/gallery/album58

I'm now fondly referring to my setup as "the money pit" :) Next week: Water, Salt, Sand & Rock.

Steve

smlacy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Over the last couple of days I've finished my electrical control system. Its not the best I've seen, but its far far better than a rarndom scattering of powerstrips.

img_1282.sized.jpg

And here it is installed:

img_1286.sized.jpg

The 3 top switches control the 3 outlets that the timers are plugged into, and will be used to control the lights. The sets of 4 outlets next to the timers are just like powerstrips.

The other outlets are controlled by the other 3 switches, and will be for main skimmer, aux powerheads, and heater.

Steve

smlacy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that earlier. :) I got it on eBay, its a used Tektronix 465M (military version). Its a really great (and fun) tool!

Steve

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its an old analog scope...I would like to get a digital storage scope and maybe a decent pulse/function generator... Oh BTW, Im very impressed with your electrical job and Light fixture, im in the process of building one myself..not quite so elaborate though...

Ever need help using the o'scope let me know...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: