• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

tkramer17

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just purchased two 24" glass covers because i ordered new lighting for my system, first question is.. they have a black plastic hinge in the middle will my 2 150 hqo halides and 2 55 watt atinic ps's and 2 36watt 10k pc's melt the plastic? if not, when i placed the glass covers on my tank they where too big by like a millimeter 8O!! is there any way of "sanding" down the glass on the edges to make them fit, or should i return them and just get some glass cut somewhere?

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW...themorningstar,

rdo_welcome.gif

:P

Shane

Graywolf57

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, new here but reading through the forums I noticed this thread. It's probably already to late to reply but I'd like to know what happened with the glass tops that were too long. The suggestion to grind down the edges caught my eye. Aren't these tops tempered. I've always heard the last thing you want to do with tempered glass is mess around with the edges (and don't try to drill it). What was the final result.

Thanks

dhoch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was searching for the answer to this question and couldn't find it here. A call to all-glass verified that their all-glass hood hoods are definitly NOT tempered glass.

Thought I would add this to an old post so that if someone is looking for this answer again they will find it.

Dave

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: