• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I have a 60 gallon tank that I would like to add a sump to. I have recently purchased a 20 gallon glass tank to use as the sump. I am not much of a DIY guy and even less of a computer guy. Can someone give me instructions on how to do this or give me a link. I am sorry for imposing so much by asking for something that I should be able to figure out myself, but I cant seem to find what I am looking for. :(

Robin Goodfellow

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.
There are many ways to do what you want. However, it will help us if you tell us the following:

1, is the main tank glass or acrylic? does it has a build-in overflow?
2, do you want to drill the main tank and install bulkhead/standpipe?
3, what are you going to do with the glass sump? i.e., bare, or with skimmer, heater, etc. in it with baffles and whole nine yard?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for responding Robin.

I have a 60 gallon reef ready glass tank. I do not want to drill it. I am not having a problem with water parameters now really. But everyone seems to have a sump, so I figured I would get one too. The biggest reason I want one is to hide my ph monitor, heater and whatnots. I assume that I will be using a hang on overflow (thingamajig)since I dont want to drill. I would like the sump to last me a while, in other words, I dont want to build it, and then realize that I wished I'd put baffles and room for a skimmer in it. So, I guess I am planning for the whole nine yards.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: