• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

breedingroom1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone in the skimmer class, what height are you making your skimmer, the class materials are for a 28" h Skimmer. I am talking about the maco class w/ Brian Ferguson.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building 2 skimmers, one at 28" and one at 34".

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't put any thought into the pump yet. I sure it will be thoroughly discussed in class.

I don't know what an HSA skimmer is either.

I wouldn't worry about much of this that you don't understand. It will all be quite clear in due time. As long as you have given Brain the order for the skimmer in the lenghts that you stand will accomodate.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boardroom Aquatics 12795 Kenwood Lane Fort Myers
Ocean Enviroments 11705 S. Cleveland Ave. Fort Myers
The Aquarium Reef Center 4713 Coronado Pkwy, Cape Coral

Listed in no particular order. None are can't miss, though Ocean Enviroment has a Nice 240G reef display. The first 2 are also only a mile apart. It is hit or miss on what that might have in stock.

Louey

breedingroom1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guy s what made you decide on the heights of your skimmers . I will need to process about 200 gallons ( tank volume) with sump and refugium. and a few prop tanks tied in.

ChrisRD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the "base" model in the material list (which I think was 28") will handle your needs, but you could certainly go bigger if you wanted to.

Check out the dimensions on some of the other commercial beckett models. FWIW, I think most of their tank size claims are overstated, but it might give you some ideas.

When in doubt I'd say go as tall as you have room for. Keep in mind that you will need room above the skimmer to get the collection cup off. Also keep in mind as you make the skimmer taller you may need a stronger pump to get the most out of it.

HTH

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: