• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I stripped one of my nylon srews so I am ordering some new ones from McMaster. I figure I should go ahead and order some other supplies for future projects while am at it. I found the screws and the wingnuts at there site. I would also like to order some spring wire and extra gaskets. The chat log says the pring wire should be .001 and $3 per roll. I can find .01 steel spring wire for $10 per 1/4 pound.

Could you give the the cat # for the spring wire and the gaskets that we used. I want to make sure I order the right stuff.

I also noticed that they sell acrylic in either cast or extruded. But there is no way of knowing what brand that your getting. Do you know what brand they carry?

Thanks!

Louey

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea what brand they carry.

Gaskets were item#
97725K41

1/8" Thick Neoprene Flange Gasket 5" Nominal Pipe, 5-9/16" ID, 7-3/4" OD
$ 12.27 per Pack
This item is only sold in Packs of 10

I could be wrong on the spring wire....I ordered it a long time ago. The smallest I see here is:
9495K51

Type 302/304 Stainless Steel Spring Wire .009" Diameter, 1/4-lb Coil, 1149' Coil
$ 12.03 Each

I'd just try it. I'll have to ask around to see what I got before.

BRIAN

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey;

It may be too late, but if you're looking for stainless steel .009 wire, you can buy a guitar string that size, even .008 Price, about a dollar, but you'll have to suffer through a bunch of headbangers playing smoke on the water while you're buying.....

Matt

(No offense to headbangers throughout the world)

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, or, if you don't want to hang with the headbangers, go buy piano or harpsichord strings at the more upscale establishments. I thought I said that in the lesson, but I forgot. James Steele uses those.

BRIAN

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the .009 wire that Fergy mentioned above along with the rest of my order on Monday. At a glance, it looks the same as the wire that came with our kits.

the gaskets that I received were black. The ones that came with my two kits were red. I guess it doesn't matter. Either should work I would think.

Louey

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people were lucky enough to get black ones...those are neoprene, instead of red rubber. Both work, one just costs more. If you look on the page where you ordered the red ones, the black ones are to the right, for an additional fee.

I had a bunch of the black ones, so I sent those out to some people, while I ordered in the red ones to make up the difference. Again, since I don't use them, I didn't want a bunch around here... ;-)

BRIAN

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: