• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bb7551

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One last Question, is it OK to replace the white metal with tin foil to reflect more light down to the tank? Plus I just drilled and am debating weather or not to take the plastic housing completely off with a hack saw and cover the light bulb with a tin foil cage so they heat will not build up to much. Will it work? Thanks. John

mooner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave then as is. Just me but I cant see going thru so much trouble for a little extra. Plus it would be a bit dangerous to do that IMHO.

If I were you I'd leave them as is.

DOGMAI

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in Wal Mart did you find the lights? I work part time at that S#$T hole and I have not seen them. Do they look like the ones in the pics posted at the beginning of this post??

bb7551

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I went back to the paint and stuff and started walking around till I saw the worklights, whitch I passed like three times because there are not that many... I then FINNALY found them and it came in a box with a cutout in the cardboard showing the bulb and the vover plastic. it is in a blue box about one foot by like 15 inchs and it says fluorex 65 watt 500watt output. Now you need to modify it otherwise half the light will be waisted, I used tinfoil. Remember i may not look all that bright at first, the bulb needs to warm up, and then it can seriously hurt your eyes. John

greenb

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible for someone to post the SKU Number or Model Number found on the box from Home Depot And WalMart??

I would REAAAALY appreciate it. I just got back from walking around Home Depot and couldn't find them.

Thanks In Advance!!!!

Bob

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: