• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ReefZilla

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using something and i was wondering if it has been done before and what drawbacks that you guys might see.

I had an old whisper filter with replacable "bio bags" that I used in another life... I have now put it in my reeftank (minus any filter media) to give a little extra flow. The advantage i see is the the suction pipe w/screen is long and reaches back behind my LR drawing water from a previously somewhat dead area.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

ricky1414

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont see any problem with doing that. i have an old emperor 400 that i use for water movement. i took out the filter pads and the bio wheels, and everyhting seems to be doing fine. actually, doing so greatly reduced my green algae problem that i was having, and improved the clarity of the water. go figure...:roll:

ReefZilla

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx ricky.

But fyi. I don't appreciate you posting my IP number. I understand that the board admins need access to it, but I get 4 or 5 hack attempts a day, and it doesn't help to have you broadcasting ppls IPs.

If you do not cease, I can assure you of at least one new member who will not be back.

ricky1414

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't worry reefzilla, i can't see your ip address, only you can. its completely benign. it even shows me my ip addy when i look at my posts. 8O

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: