• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm stuck on a small control issue with a pneumatics control device I'm building, and wondered if anyone here could help me. I need a relay or circuit that changes state each time it's activated. I'm using a time-delay relay to control this circuit. So, I've got the following states:

On-A; Off; On-B; Off

So, I need some sort of device or circuit that changes from state A to state B each time it's activated. I know this exists, but I can't remember the name or where to track it down. This is the final component I need for my wavemaker piston.

A permutation to this would be if someone could show me a device that would allow programming each of these states, but with multiple outputs, so that the On state would power the same device each time it occurs, yet alternate states on a second device. The first device would be compressors that need to run for each on state, and the A and B state are for different solenoid air valves.

Thanks in advance,

BRIAN

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not too sure what you are referring to, but if you are familiar with electronic, does SPST (single pole/single throw) and DPDT (double../double) make any sense to you? Maybe all you need is an electric relay of one of the four basic types (SPST, SPDT, DPST, or DPDT), or two relays for each actuator.

I use chrontrol programmable switch for my actuated valve, and maybe you can get something similar for your pneumatics actuator. Check out some process control website, home automation, etc., I am sure you will be able to find one that fits your specification.

smlacy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fergy, are you looking for somethig DIY, or something more like what mvla123 suggested?

Also, could you go into some more detail about the states, button presses, timers, etc. that you're really looking for? Are we talking 5 or 12V DC here, or 120VAC? Do you have a 5 or 12V DC section of your project already? (or maybe its even 24 or 36V DC for the pneumatic solenoids?)

I'm kind of unclear from your initial description about what you're looking for. It would help me out a bunch if you could write out a more detailed timeline of the evetns, like with what buttons/switches are pressed, (or timers that happen) and then what the outputs A and B are at that point in time. I'm sure we can come up with something.

Steve

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That device is quite nice, but at that price point, I'm pretty close to stepping into a real Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), which I've been considering doing anyway, and doing away with my Neptune. It would allow much more programming options, but it wouldn't be as adjustable as what I'm looking at now. I actually ordered an alternating relay yesterday from McMaster-Carr for about $55, and I already have the time delay relay that will control the period between cycles. That relay is adjustable by a dial on the front, so it's very simple to adjust the timing on the wavemaker piston.

I guess, had I thought about it, I would have looked at Mouser for the alternating relay. Probably would have been a bit cheaper than from McMaster, but I've got an account there, and I order alot of stuff from them. And, it arrives the next day, so no waiting around for parts.

BRIAN

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: