• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took me months to drink all that bourbon-- $600 worth of Bookers. 2 250 watt 12000 kelvin MH kits from http://aquaticlight.com, $50 worth of custom cut and bent copper trim, brass tacks, accents, chains etc. and a good 'ol cut and bent at home roof flashing reflector... but boy did it turn out nice! After the hangover goes away I'll start collecting boxes to pannel the tank stand in the same theme.

Attachments

• picture 013.jpg
    picture 013.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,049

speed123

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey can we get a shot under the hood?? is that just the MH light glowing there on the pic or do you have an acintic bulb too? NICE!!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As requested, here is a pic of the bulbs. Nothing special, just two 250 watt 12000 kelvin MH bulbs mounted inside a luminaire made out of bourbon crates. No supplimental actinic needed with these. I have thought about maybe a couple supplemental 6700k pc lamps though. Just one 55 watt in front and one in back just to brighten things up a bit. I can't decide though. Everthing is doing so well as it is.

Attachments

• reeflite under shot.jpg
    reeflite under shot.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,035
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light is not really quite that blue. The camera plays tricks. Here are some straight on shots of the tank without the flash on or anything so you can get a better idea of the true color. This is a small colony of green star polyps.

Attachments

• reef shot2.jpg
    reef shot2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,031
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks closer but it still appears bluer than it really is. Here is a shot of my Heteractis crispa

Attachments

• reef shot.jpg
    reef shot.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,027

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: