• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

littleprince

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Performance! I think the photos mostly speak for themselves. This thing definately performs much better than I expected.

Main reaction Chamber

MainBodyFoam10mins.jpg

Collection Cup after 5 mins

CollectionFoam5mins.sized.jpg

Collection Cup after 10 mins

Foam10mins.jpg

Keep in mind, the skimmer is only powered by a single Mag 5 pump. Not a lot of pump to get this kinda skimming performance!!

Complete article can be found here.

Article

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is some good looking foam! :D

I am not familar with that type of injector. I am going to read the article now. ;)

Thanks for posting the pics!

Louey

littleprince

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx Louey.
Tell me what you think!
The foam is fantastic!!!
The water level is about 2" deep in my 4" diamter container and the other 10" are filled with bubbles. Its insane.

reefann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you give an approx build price completed?
I am looking at an ASM G-2 but if this is much cheaper it looks like something I would really want to try.
THANKS
JJ

littleprince

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm sure you can do it much cheaper in the US, as you have more options.
The Mazzei was about 110 cdn, Acrylic cost about 50, assorted plumbing, maybe 30, and a Mag 5 pump.

I bought the acrylic as scrap. I'm sure you can get the Mazzei much cheaper down there.

Lostmind

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
littleprince - where did you find the mazzei injector for sale? I ahve been looking but cant find one...

littleprince

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked mine up localy at JJ Downs Industrial
Actualy just email Mazzei, they emailed me back the next day with a local place that turns out to be one of my regular shops for finding fittings and parts now...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: