• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Lol2d

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I make my own Fish Tank? Please i will need all the information you guys can give me. thank You

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many DIY fish tank, some made of plywood, some glass, and some acrylic, and some with more than one type of material.

The info will be multiple pages long, and it won't even be complete, so why don't you help us out by telling us what material you want to use, and how big of a tank do you want...

Lol2d

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, sure thanks for the inspiration, well the tank i have in mind is about 60'' inches long, 18'' inches wide, and 24'' inches height. I would like to use glass. Thank You

Lol2d

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, sure thanks for the inspiration, well the tank i have in mind is about 60'' inches long, 18'' inches wide, and 24'' inches height. I would like to use glass. Thank You

Canada

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I did? I went to alot of glass shops and found that alot of the time the get canceled orders and over orders. Usually they are willing to get rid of this glass really cheap. In my situation I found a shop that had a canceled order of 64''x18''x3/8'' glass. Three of those and two 18x18 sides and BLAM!! You have yourself a ninety gallon. And with my luck these guys were fish nuts and had built tanks before. Glass and labor, 130 bucks. I became quite chummy with them and they used to let me rumage through their scrap piles for nothing.

Hope your hunt goes well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: