• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ReefVan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D Still alive and kickin', been busy with all sorts of projects but figured I'd let you see where the Reef-Rat design is at

dsc01429.jpg

Rat head-on... all dressed in black now

dsc01428.jpg

Rat with Euro-Brace/Acrylic tank mounting bracket

dsc01427.jpg

The Jet-Nozzle has undergone some mods.... i.e sch80 pipe to boost pressure and nozzle speed

dsc01426.jpg

Pretty ordinary looking power cord ....

dsc01425.jpg

Actually this is a 24vac jack... inherently safe low voltage. A big plus if you worry about stray voltage and dipping your equipment occasionally...

Basically these new Rats are dressed in black and are 24vac... can be used with a wall plug power transformer anywhere in the world.... :eek:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty cool now if I only knew what it was supposed to do. Is it a fancy powerhead/return thing-a-ma-bob?

ReefVan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dragoon,

I'll let you keep guessing... I would of thought with that many posts under your belt that you would've used the search option.... :P

Thanks taikonaut.. will do. Testing starts this week, should be no problem it's basically the same design and motor manufacturer with a different voltage and a third party 24vac adapter.

ruck'n'reefer

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a DIY, or for sale? Will there be plans available, after testing? What sizes are you making? 1/2, 3/4, 1"?

Thanx, It looks great!! well done

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for the long wait in reply. A little preoccupied lately. As to reference the search button it twas my next step after my quick post initially. Pretty cool stuff you got there slick.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: