• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

melanotaenia1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys got a question have an Amiracle SL-50 wet dry that I want to drill a bulkhead into in order to feed into a 20 gallon refugium. Does anyone have experience with drilling acrylic so they could explain to me how big to drill the hole and what kind of drill/bit to use? I want to install a 1" bulkhead in the wet dry.

Thanks

Ralphyhp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last Sunday i drill my sump, a Maxireef Amiracle Wet/dry to place two bulkhead on it. One is a 1" Bulkhead and the other a 1 1/2" bulkhead. I bought the drilling tools at Home depot here a pic. You need to do a 1 3/4 hold for a 1" bulkhead. I didnt found the 1 3/4 hold saw so i bought 1 7/8 and it works fine, the hold was a little bigger. If you find the 1 3/4 hold saw you are done. Maybe this thread can help you:
http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... 588#440588

Ralphyhp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here the pic. of the tool that i used.

Attachments

• picture 008.jpg
    picture 008.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 641
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be best to use a template the size of the hole and use a router to cut the acrylic. Use double stick tape to attach your template to the acrylic. You could use a hole saw to cut a hole in a piece of wood and use that as your template.

If you dont have a router then using a hole saw will work too, just keep it wet, drill slowly and don't let the acylic get to warm. Go real slow!

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you know the hole size for your particular bulkhead. Each manufacturer makes them differently. Once you buy your bulkhead, you'll know which size hole.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: