• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

taikonaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I have my tank taken apart for the repair, I am going to post some of the PVC modules for others to see.

The first one is a regular by-pass module. It is useful in conjuntion with chiller, for example. When the center valve is open, and the side valves are closed, the water will by-pass the chiller/filter/etc. and go straight thru. When the center valve is close, and the side valves is open, all the water will go thru the filter/etc. You can adjust the ratio of by-pass by adjusting the center valve. I used a module of this type to throttle down a powerful pump so that I have great control over the flowrate range while the pump is pumping constant amount of water thru itself.

Attachments

• dscn6484.jpg
    dscn6484.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 370

taikonaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second by-pass module is for my tank-to-sump connection. It is also a by-pass module, just a different configuration.

The way I use it is to close the center valve, and let the water pass thru the top section (tank overflow to sump) from left->right direction. The water flow from right->left as it get pump from the sump back to the main tank. Notice that the pump's intake is on the left of the bottom section of the module.

If I want to service the sump, I will close the side valves (hortizontal ones), and open the center valve. This will enable the pump to return the water to the display directly, without going thru the sump. Return the usual setting when done.

Attachments

• dscn6482.jpg
    dscn6482.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 367

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: