• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rv5

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we got a problem in our big tank. its a 180 gallon and we have a fat domino in there that has tormented about 100+ dollars of other fish to death. hes gotta come out, dead or alive doesnt matter. any ideas on how to get it done?

taikonaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it is in DIY forum, I suggest a DIY fish trap made with 2L soda can and monofilment fish line.... Otherwise, let me know and I will move this out to the General Discussion Forum.

Rv5

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yeah you can move it. i thouht this was the best place for it, but if you think otherwise, by all means...

the Wizard

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow....did that work. I took the bottle and cut the end almost all the way off. The last half inch or so served as a hinge. I tied monofilament to this new trap door and hung it outside the tank. Since the damsel is larger than the hole in the small end I used this hole to put food in. Caught the little bastard (whoops...did I say that?) in less than 1 day. Glad he was an aggressive eater!

Ducman996

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have caught a few of them by. not feeding for a few days and then take a frozen chunk of brine shrimp and place it in a regular net. let it sit on the top of the water for a few minutes, so that the shrimp starts to melt. then slowly lower the net into the water and face the open end towards the glass with the food starting to flow in the current. When the damsel swims by catch him using the glass and net. Only problem with this is if you have more that 2 to catch the second may catch on too what you are doing. I had three to catch and on could only get two of them that third figured out what I was doing and never came close to the net again.

Good Luck

smaug

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a DIY picasso trigger :) This is way i tell everyone to keep dmasels out of their tanks.

Good Luck
Smaug

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: