• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Okay, so I bought a clam today. Couldn't resist. (I tried! I really did!) so now I've got to upgrade my lights. It's a 10 gallon, right now there's 32w pc over the tank, and 32 w over the hang on fuge. I'm probably going to have to build a new canopy, or just extend the sides on the one I just built to house the Pc's.

Where's the cheapest place to get a 150w DE retro? I was looking for the post that talked about a $70 MH retro I think it was 70 w, but I couldn't find it. Any suggestions?

TIA
B

A

Anonymous

Here's a pic of the clam this morning!

Attachments

• clam.jpg
    clam.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 605
A

Anonymous

ok, nevermind about the light. The clam died overnight. kinda pissed off right now, doing water tests to see why.

B

A

Anonymous

That sucks Bingo.

Clams can be fragile.

Where did you get the clam?

Louey

tangir1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the pic, it looks like it is not going to make it. Never buy a clam that is in the same condition again.

Sorry about your lose.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the clam at Petco. It was in really nice shape at the store. the mantle was fully extended, It looked good. When I woke up this am,it was dead. I took a good 2 hours to acclimate in into my tank. Slow drip, one drip every second and a half or so. THen I dumped half the water from the bag, and dripped again.

WOke up this am to a dead clam.

Water tests are okay,
1.024, 80 degrees.

Am=0
Nitrates <1
Nitrites<.05
Alk a little low.
(All on red sea test kits, so take them as you will.)

So my guess is I did something to it in transport. Oh well, now I don't have to spend money on new lights!

B

tangir1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
>...Check out the cleaner shrimp doing his job!

Yeah, the shrimp is eating a meal there...

Did you notice the "intake" opening of the clam while it was in Petco? If it is very large (gasping), it usually means it is not in very good shape.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: