• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

snotroll

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Post!

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for uses for some old fluval 303's i have laying around (2 of em). Has anyone come up with something creative and or usefull to do with them?

I'm currently running a bakpak on the tank in question, and I have plenty of water flow, so that's not really an issue.

thanks in advance.

Scales

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the processing of converting an old 303 into a Ca reactor. I have a CO2 tank and gauges lying around (compliments my university beer keg days). I will pick up a needle valve and plumb the filter input/output together to create the closed loop. I haven't decided exactly where in the loop to put the various connections for the water in/water out/CO2 in.

xclan

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had thought of doin this to a magnum 350 that I have laying around....actually I have 3 of them :P

snotroll

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intersting, I have two fluval 303's, and lots of CO2 dosing equipment from my Amano tank days. I think i have most of what i'd need, regulator, needlevalve, solenoid, ph probe and controller, high pressure and low pressure diffuser, is there anyone who's seen some ideas on how to make a Calcium reactor using these sorts of components.

I guess I don't really understand how the reactor systems work, is there a good diagram anyone can refer me to?

thanks,

Snotroll.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: