• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that the mounting legs for the Coralife Aqualight to be very frail. I need them, however, since the aqualight isnt long enough to jsut sit on my tank. Is it possible to DIY something for this, any suggestions. TIA! :D

Hypostomus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of mine broke already- I would appreciate any ideas for this too! For now we have the broken one holding up the light by lying it on its side.

tenshi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know the same sh*t happened to me too. when I contacted ESU (the makers of coralife products), they said that I must be doing something wrong when I install them, but that if I sent them a receipt for the legs they'd replace them, but that they had not received any other complaints. the thing is that all I let them know was that their product was a little flimsy and that a redesign might be in order. bastards, blaming the consumer for a flimsy product.

tenshi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know the same sh*t happened to me too. when I contacted ESU (the makers of coralife products), they said that I must be doing something wrong when I install them, but that if I sent them a receipt for the legs they'd replace them, but that they had not received any other complaints. the thing is that all I let them know was that their product was a little flimsy and that a redesign might be in order. bastards, blaming the consumer for a flimsy product.

HClH2OFish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are constantly getting loose and I'm afraid if I tighten the screws up too much I'll break something.
Another thing is that the legs don't sit on the outside of my tank....they sit just inside the lip which I do NOT like.

Tanks is a standard 25high and the light is their 28w Coralife 20"

Any ideas on how to extend the legs or are there other mfrs of these things???

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: