• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wilson the volleyball

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
am planning on getting a 15 gallon nano. i want to build a stand for it but i want to make it so it will hold a 20 gallon, just in case i ever want to upgrade(but i doubt it for now) and for more room underneath. what would i ahve to do. i was thinking of just two doors that opne and close and that have shelving inside to hold stuff. would i just use 2x4s in each corner and then put maybe on in the back center. andy diagrams would be great. iwas also thinking of having shelves on each side and then a door in the middle with shelving inside that.(wat would i do for this one). what type of wood would i use.

tia

im hoping to make it easy and cheaper then a stand at an lfs if possible.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it depends on your skill level with wood, but it's pretty easy. Check around the net, and see what people have done for bigger tanks, then just use smaller dimensions.

2x4's and 3/4" ply would be cheap and easy if you plan on painting it black. If you like the look of real wood, use veneer ply. Oak and birtch are avaiable at most HD and Lowes. Smaller lumber shops can order ply in any venneer you want. cherry, poplar, walnut, ect, but then it's a cost issue.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: