• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jeromefong

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ 48" Formosa DX light that I want to coordinate the fans with the lights. Currently, there is a switch for the fan, and for each set of lights. I'm putting the light on a timer and the lights works fine. The problem is the 2 fans. There is a plug for each set of lights (I have 4 lights all together). The fans are wirered with one of the plugs. If it pull the plug that does not have a fan attached to it, everything is fine. If I kill the plug that the fans are connected, the lights and the fans goes out. I wnat to be able to turn either lights on and off and have the fan on when a light is on.

Any ideas or experiences with the JBJ Formosa DC ligh

thanks

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
>...If I kill the plug that the fans are connected, the lights and the fans goes out. ...

You confused me there a bit, consider the sentence right before it.... so can you put a timer on the plug so that the timer will turn both the light and fan on and off together?

A wiring diagram will be useful for those that don't have the actual item...

jeromefong

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I got a response from JBJ Lighting's customer support. The fan is connect to the same power source as the daylight bulbs. The blue actinic bulbs on the second power source are considered low heat and do not warrent a fan so they do not have a fan connected to it. Based on their response, I should not have any problems running my lights on a timer. Originally, I thought I needed a fan for the actinic bulbs.

thanks, :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: