• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's extruded aluminum and I think you'll be hard pressed to find anything like that. Most people that DIY their own lighting/ballasts use a grey metal box that they find in the electrical section at Home Depot / Lowes / Menards. It isn't pretty but it works.

Shane

Fatal Morgana

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need for it, as liquid says.

I used to be able to order extruded aluminum like that, but I have to buy 16 of them at any one time, and the shortest piece is 20 feet long. That will let me make a couple hundred ballast enclosures. 8O

3Tripnip

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I know it's hard to find and that you have to almost always buy a large quantity of it... just hoping that someone knew where I could buy a little. :) I like the way it looks and I'd really like to find some. If you know where I can get some... cool... otherwise there's no need to post. :) Thanks.

-Ben

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try metal working shops around you. They may have something similar.

B

holry7778

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like perhaps something a Storefront glass manufacturer may have. Or know where one could fine some. Look in the Yellow pages for some one local

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: