• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I installed 4-9watt pc's in my pico hood, but the leeds to and from the ballasts where to short so had to also mount them in the hood. I know you guru's out there can tell me how to and what to use to lengthen the leeds so I can get the ballasts out of the hood. I'll try to get some pics up today, if I can.

grav

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did a VHO job today, same thing: solid copper, in my case I got a 2 conductor (made for 1/2 as many wires to manage) 100 foot spool at HD for about $10. Was designed specificly for theromstats.... dunno why. Should last a while.

holry7778

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a quick disconnect from the bulb or just brass tubes that slip over the pins of the bulb?

If it is brass pins I would suggest using a braided wire instead of solid as it will not become brittle with use and break. Test lead wire is good stuff and can be picked up easily at HD and Radioshack. I have used it plenty of times and prefer it to the solid stuff

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: