• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

WYOReeffreak

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people hate Seaclones, but if it's all you got then heres a way to beef it up.

1) Replace that damn air adjuster with a real air control valve this alows for fine tuning.
2) Cut down your cup riser by about half with a rotary tool. Caution go slow or tool will melt plastic and stick. Skimmate will have less verticle distance to travle to the cup but you will need to empty it more or hook up a drain.
3) Use a pair of long handle needlenose pliers and gently wiggle out the riser tube. When out, hack about three inches off that bugger. This increases the total size of your reaction chamber.
4) You can also drill a hole dead center in the cap and run ridgid air tubing down into the "vortex chamber" to run a wood air stone. The airstone will kick your little honey into overdrive. Though it does restrict a little flow.

I am not sayin this is fool proof, but it worked for me. I went from makin a 1/4 cup a week at best to half a cup a day. :wink:

blastermqn

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done it - the airstone trick works on the thing.

Still, if you could mount a decent needle wheel tyype power head on the thing, it might fix everything. However, I can never find needle wheel power heads unless they come with an expensive skimmer :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: