• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bashduo

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about putting together an electronic wavemaker controller - (similar to a Tsunami or Red Sea controller). Only problem is I don't have one to tear apart so I can see what makes it tick. I think the Red Sea may have some circuitry which might be hard to duplicate, but there must be some systems that could be easily duplicated with relays, and delay switching equipment. Anyone have schematics for such a controler?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one, but the link doesn't work.

Try ozreef.com

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John Rice have a schematics based on the good old IC-555 timer in his web site. There are a few more IC-555 schematics out there in the public domain. My guess is that most controller use power transister, since relay make ignoring clicking sound when it switch on and off.... but some good relays are almost silent. I can tell you that it is a pretty easy/fun project, but for most people, don't expect to save much money compare to the pre-made controller.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hard copy of one in my storage locker. If I can remember to bring it back, I'll post the link I printed it from.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: