• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

CHILL

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 reef that is cycling right now. It has a 34 gallon sump with a Reef Concepts Aerofoamer skimmer attached external via bulkheads. How and where and what size fuge should I set up?

I am interested in doing the tank as a softies with a couple of fish, do not want a DSB, and have read that the fuge will help stabalize water perams as well as suck out extra phos (sounds good to me). The stand is acrylic and so has support bars around the inside adges that limit the positioning and size of the sump, I do have a space approx 18" square that I could fill in. The sump is divided into 2 sections - water from the returns comes in over a drip plate to what appears to have been where the bioballs would have been (they are not there), drains through a 4" foam block and combines with the return water from the skimmer in the other half and them sent via the return pump into the tank.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Chris

Also, I need to create a QT for the fish - but that may be another post all together.

jjboods

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chill,

My drilled 75 drops is plumbed down and split into a Y. One side has a ball valve that is opened slightly and drains into my fuge. The other side of the Y flows into my sump. The sump has the return pump back to the main tank. The fuge is set higher than the sump and has two holes with bulkhead fitting that also flow into the sump. If you have other questions, email me. [email protected]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: