• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I'm going to add some actinic lighting to my MH system (but it is going to be a challenge because of space requirements in my canopy). My question is this... how much Actinic 03 (looking at PC lighting for temp and space) will give me a bluer look in my tank??? Would 2X 13 watt retros be enough? Should i up it higher? They will be about 12 inches from the water surface too.

Im working with 2 spaces that are about 9 inches wide, but 13 inches long .. The lights will go on either side of my MH Pendant that hangs down into an open top open back canopy. ( I can fudge on the length if I have too a little, but no more than an inch or two).

What retro kits will give me the most actinic light in that small of a space?

Any ideas???

Thanks,,

B.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you are looking at PC's, but have you considered VHO or T5's?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VHO's are 1.5" dia and t5's are 5/8" dia. IIRC PC's are t5 that are bent into a U shape so they would be 1.25"+ wide. I like VHO personally, although I have never used PC ot T5's. Just seen them on others tanks.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'll just go with a bluer spect. MH Bulb maybe the aqualine AB 20k. I don't really need more wattage, I just want better color rendition.

B.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear some of the 14k bulbs are nice. Again never tried them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: