• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ToeCutter

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thewuf":c7gjml8m said:
:cry: I was hoping to learn that too! But OK!

You can still learn it, even if I don't use tapping for the class. I'm 50-50 on whether to tap the bottom flange of the reactor, (as pictured in the prototype) or go a different route. I'll send you a private message with bit and tap sizes, so nobody will skim this thread and run out and buy them.

For the same reason, I'm gonna edit out the part numbers for the bits that weren't spiral upcut flush trim bits - just so nobody skims the thread and gets the wrong part.

BrianB

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I wouldn't mind learning how to tap either. Maybe we can tap half and do whatever our other option is so we can learn both???
Thanks!!!

ToeCutter

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, tapping fans, I decided to go with a fastening method that involves tapping acrylic.

We'll be using 1/4-20 screws. 1/4-20 means 1/4" inch width, 20 threads per inch.

You'll need to get a #7 drill bit (which is about 13/64" or .2010 decimal)

You'll also need a tapping wrench and a 1/4-20 tap.

These aren't very expensive items, and you can often find them packaged together... bits, taps, tap wrenches.

here's what a tap wrench looks like:

2546ap4l.gif

This is a common hardware store item.

I'll be supplying you with tapping wax. Feel free to post to this thread with links or tips.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: