• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

billyzbear

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my second skimmer and this time I wanted to try a Becket injector. I put it together differrent than all I have ever seen. I shot the water/air straight into and up a 6" dia. tube, reduced to 4" then a 4" to 2" adaptor and about 3" of 2" into a collection cup. Because I want to fit this under the stand the hole thing is 28" tall. I really could go bigger. The strangest thing is the water level is soo dependent on how much air you allow the injector. At first I used a Quiet One 4000. The backpressure killed the action. Now I'm useing a Dolphen 1200. It took 36 hours to get the adjustments right and a noise I can live with. At the end some of the coral really wheren't open and I even changed 10g of water. Hopefully they will be OK. Now it's going Like crazy and it's time for another beer.

billyzbear

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go, hope I do it right.

Attachments

• P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 671
  • P1010015.jpg
    P1010015.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 670
  • P1010030.jpg
    P1010030.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 669

billyzbear

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The base and top is held by Aquamend or something like that. It is used to repair tanks. The "T" is 1 1/2" and the pipes in and out. The clear peice of hose is 1", it just fits through a 1" slip bushing and is attached to the becket. On the other end I opened the 1 1/2" pipe a little so I could fit it past the front of the injector and used sillacone to seal it. The 3/4" hose from the pump slips into the 1" hose. In the first pic you can see part of my muffler, 1" pipe with small holes drilled into it, I didn't have a cap. Before the muffler I have an adjustable valve, like one for gardens I guess. In the middle pic I hadn't cut the top 6" or so yet. I had problems getting it under the stand. The 6" pipe is from Home Depot and comes that long. If I had more room and I would keep the extra length. So, is it as clear as mud?

Billy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: