• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

RobertoVespucci

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I did my very first silicone job two days ago. I let it cure 48 hours and last night I filled it with water. No leaking overnight. How long should I wait before proceeding? I'm nervous because I can't believe it could happen right on the first try.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RobertoVespucci":2q0g4o5s said:
Ok. I did my very first silicone job two days ago. I let it cure 48 hours and last night I filled it with water. No leaking overnight. How long should I wait before proceeding? I'm nervous because I can't believe it could happen right on the first try.

From what I understand 48 hours should have done it. As long as it holds water for a week or so you should be fine. But very small leaks can take some time to realize. But seems like 24 hours later you should have noticed even small leaks.

Some times the first time you do something you take your time and be extra careful. The real danger is when you get sloppy say the third or fourth time. thats when you may find out where all those complicated instructions and cautions came from.

Sounds to me like you done good. :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: