• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I had a large magfloat on my old glass tank and need to convert it to clean my new acrylic tank. First step was to put new felt on the outside piece. We hade some laying around so I used that and some double sided tape and it works well. For the inside I bought a sponge that has the mesh on one side and terry cloth on the other. I cut it open alond one side and pulled out the sponge. The inner part of the magfloat was place in the are the sponge was in with the terry cloth backed by the velcro. It worked fine for wipeing down the tank, but I do not think it will deal with coraline at all. For 1 bux it was well worth the investment. My tank is 1/2" thick it may work great for 3/8" or thinner.

A

Anonymous

The worse enemy is when you have some sand particle that got caught in the inside of the float.... this is when no amount of precaution can save you from scratch.

I usually test the scrapper on a piece of scrap acrylic to make sure it won't scratch before using it....

A

Anonymous

The tank is bare bottom so I'm not to worried about sand.

A

Anonymous

rock rubble can get loose... and dead Halimeda too...

A

Anonymous

True. THose are things you have to watch out far even if you magnet is not rigged.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: