• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Clarkii3

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok this i think is way better than the last idea i had, let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 10g Sump Plan.JPG
    10g Sump Plan.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,046

Clarkii3

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the pump will be a via aqua 2300 600 GPH, the sump will be 42" on the ground, beside the tank stand. Will i need any powerheds in the tank? can someone show me a diagram of how the return pvc will look like going up to the tank?

wade1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank?

I tend to recommend 15-20x the tank's volume in turnover inside the tank. So a 10g should have 150gph and a 100g should have 1500-2000.

Keep in mind recirculating loops are less damaging to occupants and less visible... just another option.

sediener

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you are planning on using the left side as a refugium, I would move the baffles toward the left so you have more than 1 G worth of evaporation before you start sucking air.

- steve

tptram

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one more baffle so that there is no water cascading toward the return pump

or flip the 3 existing baffles

G/L

Tak

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're thinking about using a 10 gallon tank. your backpack won't work too well, unless you lengthen the input tube. ( I just threaded mine with a 1/2" iron pipe fitting. Then threaded on a threaded pvc fitting.

Other than that it looks good.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: