• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cement What kind?

The last time I glued to a MJ powerhead I was in the middle of a MACO acrylic project and used Weldon 40. But that'd sure be a hassle to mix up for this little application.

minibowmatt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup. I drilled a .25" hole, and used weldon 3 to glue it in. But 7E is right, it does not have to be watertight. A tight friction fit will be fine. Im still working on another design....:)

minibowmatt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK... So i have a new idea. Do you think it will work? I am worried about restricting the flow too much to the pump with this design.
venturi.JPG

this whole piece will fit into the MJ pump intake.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will work, but that is just a tee, not a venturi. You may want to take a look at what make a venturi works.

FragMaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All a Venturi is is a whole drilled at and angle WITH THE FLOW through a piece of pvc or what ever ( You can make one with an 1/8th" drill bit 1/2" ID white PVC and 1/2" OD tan PVC. drill your 1/8th " hole at an angle TOWARDS THE FLOW in the 1/2" ID , then drill a hole large enough to glue in a piece of ridgid airline tubing in the 1/2" OD straight through ,line the holes up glue them in place VIOLA!!! glue your tube in place and you have a venturi.
The fancy shmancy ones have an hourglass shape with the smaller point bieng where the air intake hole is. With this configuration you have to use a larger pump,but you get MAD bubbles.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: