• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I see a lot of tanks with overflows on one side, then people make a pile of rocks in the center.

How about using clear acrylic tube in the center of the tank standing straight up, then you can cut overflow teeth in that, and have a stockman or durso standpipe in the center of it.

Or, you can use two nested pieces of clear pipe and make an underflow...

then by welding pieces of acrylic around the outside you can make ledges to stack rock against so its doesn't tend to fall.

So then you would have your drain in the center of the cube, where it should be, and your flow can go around the outside to make a circular or whirlpool motion to the tank.

My creative juices are flowing like crazy lately, too bad I don't have the money or time to make some of this stuff just to try it out....

smontanus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking something exactly like this for my dream system. A 100g cube in the center of a room. With the tank, stand and canopy going floor to ceiling. Plumbed to a fishroom in the basement. You could do some cool stuff with a setup like that.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, do it on the side. Got to protect that main income. You can change careers once you can say millions and millions have been served, err built. Oh, I'm sorry. You would probably rather say that you can build a cube "your way". ;)

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: