• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy peeps!,

i was out with the wife tonight and was at our favorite place to loose a paycheck.... (next to marinedepot that is... :D ) TARGET...

I was looking in the x-mas section and saw these... (i can't believe they are putting x-mas stuff up and halloween isn't here yet) 8O

a digital timer (3 prong - gronded) for $9.99 8)

here is the item number: 085-07-0765
it has a 10A 1200watts restriction and is UL listed.

here is a pic. I plugged one in and it works like a charm. so if you burn these things out it is could to have a few back-ups...

Attachments

• digi-timer.jpg
    digi-timer.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,147
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
>... Let me know how it is working in six months.

It is solid state, so I don't think it going to be defective so quickly.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
out of curiosity what's wrong with the mechanical timers?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is wrong with mechanical timers. I use electronic because I like the little light that tells me its on and the timer override button doesn't advance the schedule like the override on the mechanical timers. I acutally use both for different applications.

I use electronic timers on my lights so I can have multiple on off settings to avoid the lights being on during peak times in the summer.

NMreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I've been using 3 of these for about 2 months now. One of the messed up shortly after I installed it. All I did was remove the batteries and reinstall. Wala, good to go.

Phillip

bradl.

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. Espesially for the price. But it says light appliances,can it safely run halides and heaters.

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it will run up to 1200watts... at 10amps... your standard outlet is between 10-15A.... I ran mine with the halides today. no problems....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: