• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Hello folks my latest project. .25 acyrlic, 12" by 12" by 2" airstone driven. Will be used on my nano project.

skimmer.jpg

skimmer2.jpg

More Images to follow as the poject continues

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not necessarily. If you roil the surface of the water too much at the apex of the bubble channel, it'll drive some of the foam back into suspension in the water.

My suggestion would be to go with a long custom made airstone laid out on the bottom under the bubble channel. They are trivial to make and you can use several different types of wood to make them.

Alternatively I could make one for you.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get you hand in there to change the air stone?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, are you going to have and adjustable wier to control the water level? I'm assuming water in pipe out wier.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wazzel
More pics to follow has a slide in base cover. For replacing the stone.

cknowlto
I would be interested in on of your custom airstone. Drop me a PM when you have time

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wazzel

Most of the time the simple stuff gets over looked. Thanks for asking.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok started the next part of the build. Building sum/refuge to mount and plumb the skimmer. Here are a few pick.

Shelf for the skimmer to rest on.
skimmer3.jpg

Skimmer set in place. I will complete the plumbing and provide more pics. The skimmer can be easily removed and cleaned when needed.
skimmer4.jpg

Just another view
skimmer5.jpg

Thanks for checking in on the project

magicman76

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have added that you need to filter the air going to the pump with a low micron filter to keep the stones clean.. like a small hepa cartrage for a smaller airpump (I would think the ones they make for vacume cleaners would work in that application)

its looking good.. :P

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
magicman76":23xsmb32 said:
I should have added that you need to filter the air going to the pump with a low micron filter to keep the stones clean.. like a small hepa cartrage for a smaller airpump (I would think the ones they make for vacume cleaners would work in that application)

its looking good.. :P

Thanks for the information

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA-Lawman":1kd3eygb said:
discard-a-stones work great... and you can toss-em and get another pack for cheap!

I will have a look at them. Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: