• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you need a blue print you can use this post what you think and how it worked out for you

Attachments

• costum fish tank 3.JPG
    costum fish tank 3.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,641

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hope every one likes my work and will reply to my subjects it dont have to be nice i would just like to know what you think of all the things i have posted

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pretty unique ideas. I don't know if I want to try all of them though. The one on the bottom is very challenging, since the pressure on the two lower tank will make it difficult to seal.

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank i am useing is a 55 tall so make sure you apply the right gph on your tank you can get away with useing a smaller pump . the filter tank is a tank that i am doing i dont know how good it works yet i have had it put in for only 2 weeks now you can do it any way you want

Attachments

• filter and tank.JPG
    filter and tank.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,434
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Comments:
1, I found clear pipe not worth the extra cost. They get dirty with algae if you don't keep the light out.

2, that cylinder tank looks nice. Wish I can afford one, but I would not like the distortion due to the curved surface.

3, for the half-hex tank, I don't feel comfortable with silicone for the acrylic panels. I would also bend the front instead of making it out of 5 separate panels. It is very difficult to cement (I know you say silicon) the angled edge.

4, the diagram for the easy as pie is very confusing. I figure that it is a sump with top and bottom baffles (diagrams on the right side) and the one on the left seem to show that there is a PVC pipe right on top of the baffle... why? The two diagram in the middle are top and side view. Am I right?

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok yes it wasn't easy as pie for some people .It was easy for me. I built it to be put on the top of the tank ( it only pushes up to 2 foot not any higher that is why it is on top) not at the bottom .In a shelf it will not be in the way of the lights .I am working on a custom light for mine and there aren't any sump pumps that are submersible pumps ( it only has an out put line and no input line the pump has to be in the water ) for a pond but can be used in a tank .I will put some more text to the pic. So others will not get confused.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: