• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
filtering blue prints / tell me what you think

Attachments

• reef ready filter system.JPG
    reef ready filter system.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 743

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my brother did this / if you like this he said it is not so hard to do but it is not easy / it is not cheap and will be more to buy one / please don't ask any ? I don't know how to do it / he would like replys on what you think

Attachments

• simplicity plus in half hex tank.JPG
    simplicity plus in half hex tank.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 744

steene_c

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my brother asked me to post this so please don't ask no ? he wants replys on what people think of it

Attachments

• wavemaker.JPG
    wavemaker.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 737
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good, but why are you interested in a wet/dry system? Live rock or live sand systems seem to work better, in my experience.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some random comments:
1, It maybe more economical to use one return pump instead of two. By restricting the plumbing from 1 in to 3/4 inch will add back pressure, making the flow lower than necessary.

2, pH buffer chamber is not necessary. It does very little to pH if all you use is calcium carbonate due to low solubility.

3. It is not clear how the water get onto the bioballs since the overflow is on top of the filter tower.

4, For the wavemaker, it is not clear how the powerheads make the cycle. It may need individual adjustment due to difference in tank dimension and powerhead model. You need animation or a flow diagram to explain it.

In general, try not to convert text to graphic if you want to put the direction on a web page. By keeping them separate, it make the webpage much faster to load up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: