• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the best place to buy a cheap rotary tool? I'm not very familiar with them and have found this: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=94076 but I'm not sure if this will hold up. It's extremely cheap though. I don't know if I should just look into getting one that's a little more pricey assuming as the price goes up so does the quality. I would also assume that dremel is probably a good way to go. Keep in mind I'll only be using it for reef purposes (grinding, cutting, fragging) so it won't be used often. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! :D

jschoon

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a gift. My Step-Father got it through a tool distributer of the electric company. He paid about $75 for it. Retail I have no idea. Sorry.

jschoon

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cutting holes in 3/8 drywall with thin wood laminated on it. And I tried to sharpen the edge on an edging shovel for yard use. It barely cut the drywall. And the stones were not tough enough to get the large dings out of the edger blade. The Craftsman worked much better, but was not upto any heavy duty grinding work. My Bosch has cut through everything I have thrown at it. The Craftsman was only about $30 something on sale. And was not too bad of a tool. I would say it would do well for most light work or ocassional use.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: