• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I need some of these for the screw in 50/50 CFs, but I can't find them anywhere. Any ideas?
Thanks

A

Anonymous

screw and double sided? That's something I have not seem before :?

A

Anonymous

The bulb is not double sided, just the socket. I need to fit two bulbs on either side. I want to have a pair of 20w lights in the back, and a pair of 10w lights in the front for my 10g hex. The biggest hood that i could find that will fit over the tank is 36w, so i need to make my own.

Note: Don't ever buy a hex.

A

Anonymous

I see, you mean you want to be able to fit two bulbs, one on each side.

It may be not easy to find the right spectrum, but check home depot for the screw-in type. They are replacement for regular incandescent bulb with a built-in (integrated) ballast.

Or it is some other animal?

A

Anonymous

Coralife makes the bulbs that I purchased. 10,000K and true actinic 03 (50/50s). They come in 10 and 20 watts.
27_2.JPG

I also bought some reflective mylar to use on the hood, which I will make out of sheet PVC. The end result will look like this from the top.
hood.jpg

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try to look on line at an electrical supply company. None come to mind right now. They will have what you need.

midgetwaiter

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a LFS that sells Hagen stuff and you are on good terms with ask them to get them for you. They can order them out of the spare parts catalog.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: