• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Nautilus1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried usinf tupperware for a surface skimmer box? Will tupperware glue to acrylic with acrylic glue? . I mainly want to do this to increase the water level. Anyone?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think acrylic solvent cement will work on tupperware, but you can try it with a piece of scrap acrylic and see if it will stick to a tupperware. It may work, but I just don't remember that it does.

If it does not, you may still use it but with a mechanical seal. Use bulkhead and drill holes on the container and the tank, and use a extra rubber washer between the tupperware and the inside of the tank around the bulkhead, and it should be good to go. There will be a space between the tupper ware and tank due to the washer, but you can use silicone glue to seal it up if you don't want thing to get trap in there.

Nautilus1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thought about that idea b4 seven. It will not work cos it is impossible to install the bulkehead thru the wall of the surface skimer. Then surface skimmer is not wide enough to be able to do that. Im not sure im conveying in correctly it is hard to explain. It will only work if the bulkhead is shorter than the width of mthe skimmmer box. But thanks for you input. I eneded up finding a real skimmmer box froma friend. My new problem is getting the back of the box cut of perfectly so it will sit flush against the tank wall when glued. I used a band saw to take the back off but it still does not sit flush . Im going to try a belt sander to make the perfect edges on the skimmer box. Thanks again!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: