• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

paneubert

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I discovered that placing a tank against a wall is a bad idea if you need to get to the back of it to do any modifications while it is full of water/fish/rock. But apparently a window is a good idea as can be seen by my pictures. It was kind of not intended to be used this way but hey, it worked.
Backround on the situation is that I manage and have a free apartment within a Residence Hall/Dorm on a University Campus so I always keep my blinds closed. Don't want my students looking in on my personal life. So placing my tank against the window wasn't a problem since I treat that window like a wall. But when I wanted to add a light to the back chamber of my tank I couldn't figure out how to get access back there. Then it dawned on me :idea: ....... :idea: open the window, take out the screen and go to work. And hey, it worked well and I only got about 20 college students gathering around to watch the crazy boss-man working on a tank through an open window. :D So now I have a nice little Cheato light and a new way to access the back of the tank.

Attachments

• tn_IMG_1857.JPG
    tn_IMG_1857.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 2,906
  • tn_IMG_1859.JPG
    tn_IMG_1859.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 2,902
  • tn_IMG_1860.JPG
    tn_IMG_1860.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 2,904

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank god it wasnt the seventh floor. That would have been scary up on that ladder. :lol:
Nice looking tonga branch pile BTW.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to a BBS and call people idiots and stupid in 2 out of first 8 posts is not a good way to impress anyone or make yourself more welcomed.

Mpls reefer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only thing i would worry about is if there is a lot of sunlight that comes in during the day, that can cause a lot of alge to break out, just something to think about?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: