• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

blackcloudmedia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I call this the ten dollar skimmer but I left out the price of the air pumps. Anyways when I get home I will post the picture, I made a skimmer using pvc with three holes in it. The pvc is shaped like an upside down U with one side double length. The pipe goes inside the tank and exist into a gallon jug on the outside. It actually works.

blackcloudmedia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Ive been busy with the pond. Heres the pictures and with one days worth of crap

Attachments

• Picture 426.jpg
    Picture 426.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,631
  • Picture 427.jpg
    Picture 427.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,628
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you peel off the juice label, otherwise, when I visiting your place, I may end up drinking all the skimmates...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dupaboy1992":1ofyobs9 said:
Make sure you peel off the juice label, otherwise, when I visiting your place, I may end up drinking all the skimmates...

it does look like that fresh squeezed unfiltered apple juice :)

blackcloudmedia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":23gl7yox said:
Let's see the skimmer itself.
That white pvc is the skimmer, the airstone is in the bottom and the bubbles run up through it into the bubble exit. Then the crap goes up through the U part of it into the bottle. I just dumped One gallon out of it.

cbrand

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you just cut a hole in the lid of the bottle and fit the pvc in there? is that how the bottle stays up or did you attach it to the aquarium some how?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: