• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

How do you take the wire out of the end cap to rewire? I have 2 sets of bad end caps and do not know how to take the wire out.

HELP!!!!

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

The #'s on the end cap is BJB 27.230

The ones I bought are much more easy to rewire. I just need to take the wire out instead of cutting. I don't want to replace all the end caps.

I hope I don't have to. :?

A

Anonymous

I don't specifically what kind of end cap you have, but most have a little hole you can stick a little screw driver in that releases the wire. A paper clip might do it if you don't have a small screw driver.

Louey

A

Anonymous

The one I have doesn't have a release. The one I bought does. I guess I will have to buy 2 more sets. I want to rewire the whole set up.

A

Anonymous

Well, if there is no way to release the wire, you could always cut them and leave enough slack to use wire nuts or butt slice to connect to new wiring.

I wish I knew more about the type of end cap you have.

Louey

A

Anonymous

It's all good. AND thanks for all your responses. :D I bought two more end caps and rewired the entire thing. I had extra wiring for my ballast I purchased a while back.

The only thing is it didn't help my bulb problem. I had 2 bulbs that wouldn't come on. I replaced the bulbs. No help. I purchased all the end caps and rewired b/c I thought maybe it was old and needed replacing. Still no help. While me & my hubby were trying to trouble shoot, the 2 non-working bulbs would flicker when we twisted the working ones. So we kept it like that to see if the bulbs would fire up. Well we heard a popping sound and they all went out. I have my husband exchanging the ballast today to see if the ballast was just bad. It's not but 2 mos old.

Anyone have any clue? :?:

Sorry I didn't have any pics. I need to get my camera back from my mother. She borrowed it, then bought a new one and hasn't give mine back yet. :x

A

Anonymous

Ballast was bad. Replaced and all are on and working wonderfully!!

YEAH!!!!!

Now I need to do that mod on my skimmer. :?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: