stubbsz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.therme-at.com/Power%20Saver%20Product.htm

Ignore the band of three photos across the top, that's a different product. Wondered if any Electrical Engineers understand any of this stuff about the Power saver product. More importantly, should it work and have you seen anything of its ilk before?

Not associated with company but have their Algae scrapper so I got an email flyer about this product.

-Adrian

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the other DIY forum. Look to Bean for an answer, or EastTn.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AFAIK, it works for certain device, such as certain type of motor. There is always a catch, however.

1, some device are not recommanded, such as compressor motor in the chiller.

2, the cost of energy saving need to be substantial to compensate for the cost of the unit, which is between $20-$50. How much is this particular one?

stubbsz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$40
Considering my bill is 250$ a month, this thing wouldn't have to do much to pay for itself.

-Adrian

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dupa basicly is saying the same thing I did on the BAR forum thread. My understanding of this technology is just like he states, for motors, not all electronic devices. It's used in many different home and industrial appliances.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the link to the BAR thread?

Anyway, no silver bullet here. You just have to consider what type of device this can be used for, and consider the pros and cons. There is no free lunch, but some are cheaper than the others.

Pros is lower electric bill.

Cons are:
1, initial cost of the unit. It does not last forever, so you need to consider the service cost.
2, certain motor/ballast/appliance does not work, or does not work proper with this device.
3, certain appliance maybe damaged by this due to the power specification.
4, you may need to group thing together on the same circuit to make good use of it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: