JRWOHLER

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey everyone first a lot of thanks go out to eveyone that has helped out with my questions.
Second I came up with a solution for a Fuge in the back of my 24G AP and think it could work for others. Maybe someone has done it but here goes.

I pulled out the garbage they include in the initial setup(bio balls, spong filters, and ceramic thingys(never put in). I put about a pound of live rock in the bottom, a Wisper filter in front of the overflow, and then macro algea in behind on top. I found on Ebay a LED

http://stores.ebay.com/MeasureExplorer

I contacted the store and they will give a 10% discount for anyone who orders.

Here is what he replied if you are interested.
I can offer 10% discount on the total amount for your comunity members. Please ask them leave me a message before payment to mention your email address [email protected]. Your email address is the coupon.

I hope it is OK to post this. I am just trying to be helpful.

I have posted a pic and will upload another. Basically I used two suction cups from a previous filter tube of some sort...standard size to hold the bar out of the water...though it is completely submersible I have small problem with heat in the summer so didn't want to add any. Pointed the LEDs downward and while I can see the light on at night (running it at night so to balance my PH swings) it is not as bright as my blue moon light.

Eventually I bought some egg crate and will create a small filter basket in the back.

Attachments

• 100_0382.jpg
    100_0382.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 96

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: