• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just wondering if any of you DIY canopy guys can chime in on the types of fans you use for your canopies. I just purchased two 5" Orion fans. I hope I made a good purchase. Anyone? thx.

Rebels23

J

JimFitz

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I guess as long as they are queit and fit in your canopy you'll be fine. I used to 3.5 inch fans purchased from Hellolights.com on one tank and I have plain fans purchased from RadioShack on my other tank...no problems with either.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Rebs,

Go to ebay and put this item number in the search line and check out this guys fans - 2331606608

I bought a set from him and they came in 2 days - I believe they are 3 inch fans but they are variable speed with heat probes all the wiring and the power pack - truly plug and play. I would say you'll spend close to $20 geting all the stuff yourself anyway, why not spring for the luxury at $30.30?

Let me know what you think. I am putting these in my new hood which will have a 175 MH and dual 96w PC's.

I think it's going to work awesome.

House

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thx Jim and House.

House, DOH!!!!!!! If only I asked earlier! Those seem like a great deal! I love plug and play. But I already purchased two 5" Orion fans. I'll get them next week. It's been pretty hot hasn't it??
dead.gif

Rebels23

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey House,

Looks real good! I should be getting my fans today hopefully. Can't wait to slap those suckers on. I envy your "plug-and-play" fans.....haha :D

Rebels23

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
House I havent been able to pull up any of your snap shots in the gallery. Also what did you use inside your DIY cannapy for water proofing?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: